Polyimide Labels (Kapton Labels)
Polyimide is a synthetic material which is used primarily for its ability to withstand extreme temperatures making it the perfect material for high temperature, harsh environment applications that demand long term durability. Polyimide Labels are sometimes referred to as “Kapton Labels”.
Our Polyimide Labels are UL approved and RoHS compliant and Antistatic (Electrostatic Dissipative) options are also available.
Typical applications for Polyimide Labels include:
- Pre- and Post- Process traceability identification for Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) and Electronic Components
- Hot Metals Processing
- Automotive Engine Labels
- Wire and Cable Marking
Key features of Polyimide Labels:
- Permanent Adhesive
- Can withstand multiple harsh condition wash cycles, both inline and batch
- Suitable for temperatures up to 300°C
- Various insulating (dielectric) strengths, ranging from 8,500 to 12,000 volts
- Optional Matte Topcoat to resist solder balls sticking
- Suitable for “Auto Apply” equipment
- ESD-Safe “Static Dissipative” options