We recommend that you protect your investment in a quality labelling solution with a maintenance contract. Our competitively priced options will keep your printers running smoothly and minimise any potential downtime.
Annual printer repair contracts provide a fixed cost upfront allowing businesses to budget in advance for potential malfunctions to printing operations, whether these consist of single printers or hundreds of printers spread across multiple manufacturing locations.
If you would like to purchase a maintenance contract or have any questions you can fill out the online form next to this page or give one of our friendly consultants a call on 0800 999 5700. Brady Also Offer 3 Year & 5 Year Maintenance agreements on NEW Printers
BRADY PREMIER PARTNER – RETURN TO BASE & ON-SITE MAINTENANCE CONTRACTS
As a Brady Premier Partner we are able to offer you 1, 3 and 5 year maintenance contracts for your Brady solution. Brady include replacement printheads which is an excellent benefit as the printhead is not a consumable item and could otherwise add significant cost to a repair if needed.
The return to base (“Brady Base“) option is a low-cost option for customers who keep a backup printer or can be without their printer for a few days in the event that the main printer needs to be sent away for repair.
The on-site (“Brady Field“) option is an excellent choice for essential equipment where minimal downtime is required or when it would be uneconomical to ship the printing system to the workshop.
ZYGOLOGY SYSTEMS – ZSL GOLD AND PLATINUM ON-SITE MAINTENANCE CONTRACTS
We also offer our own very competitively priced on-site Next Business Day response options.
ZSL Gold Printer Repair Contract
The ZSL Gold Printer repair contract is offered with a NEXT BUSINESS WORKING DAY response level. This means that the call will be responded to by 5pm on the following working day, and includes:
- All engineers travel time to and from site for qualified repair visits
- All labour charges as required to fix the printer breakdown
- The cost and supply of all non-consumable parts* (as defined below)
- As many visits as required throughout the contract period for qualified repairs
- Telephone technical support for printer repair issues
This contract does not include the cost of visits for fitting consumable parts such as printheads and platen rollers, visits due to media issues, support for labelling software, printer repairs due to malicious damage or issues as a result of operator misuse. These visits are still supported within the agreed response timeframe and a fixed call out fee plus our hourly rate will apply.
Standard Printer Repair Contracts are paid in advance for the twelve-month period.
ZSL Platinum Printer Repair Contract
The enhanced ZSL Platinum Printer Repair Contract is offered with a NEXT BUSINESS WORKING DAY response level. This means that the call will be responded to by 5pm on the following working day, and includes:
- All engineers travel time to and from site for all visits
- All labour charges as required to fix the printer issue
- All labour charges for replacing printheads and platen rollers
- The cost and supply of all non-consumable parts (as defined below)
- As many visits as required throughout the contract period including visits for media issues
- Telephone technical support for all issues
- 1 visit per year for preventive maintenance on each printer covered
- Support for standard labelling software programs – LabelMark, Codesoft, Workshop, Ultralabel, Golabel, Bartender & NiceLabel
This contract does include the cost of visits for fitting consumable parts* such as print heads and platen rollers but does not include the cost of these parts. This contract does also include visits as required due to media issues or printer setup.
The preventative maintenance visit will either be carried out during a normal repair visit or scheduled for completion during the 11th month of the contract term.
ZSL Platinum Printer Repair Contracts are paid in advance for the twelve month period. However sites with 6 or more printers can be invoiced on a twelve month period but paid for on a quarterly basis.
This contract does not include the cost of visits or repairs for malicious damage.
*Consumable parts include the parts on a printer that are high wear items and include the printhead, platen and pinch rollers. In other words these items need changing on a regular basis depending on the volume of media passing through the printer. The life of these parts can be dramatically improved by regular cleaning and care taken by the operator when removing media jams.
Current & Obsolete / Legacy printer models
For printer brands and models covered by annual onsite service contracts please call 0800 999 5700. Please note that obsolete / legacy models refer to printers that are no longer supported by the printer manufacturer. We can still offer support for these printers but parts will be sourced and supplied on a best endeavours basis. The status of printers covered under a contract will be included on the contract.
Some preventative maintenance is carried out whenever a field engineer is fixing a faulty machine, but preventative maintenance work is also available to end users who have not entered into a formal annual support contract. Preventative maintenance visits can be carried out on single or multiple printers; pricing will vary depending on how many printers are on site.
The Service and Preventative maintenance will include the following:
- Remove printer outer shell and inspect / clean all drive belts, sensors, drive rollers, feed rollers, spools and feed mechanism.
- An inspection of the printheads / platen rollers / and media guides – clean, re-align and adjust if necessary, test
- Inspect processor boards – for traces of damaged circuitry
- Inspect power supply – ensure that safety standards are met
- Label/ribbon-test, match, check and advice on quality issues
- Re-assemble and clean internal areas of the printer
- Complete test prints and report (all findings) to end user and also provide recommendations for future use
- Technical advice and guidance
Return to Base
For a less time critical repair, you can arrange to send the faulty printer to the ZSL workshop to have the fault diagnosed, repaired and/or serviced. Workshop repairs are often the most cost effective solution for non-urgent repairs; ideal for companies that keep spare printers available within their printing operations for immediate swap outs.
Printers returned to the ZSL workshop will be assessed within two working days of receipt and a quotation for the required work will be issued for your authorisation. Subject to parts availability, repairs are normally completed in a further two to three working days. A workshop inspection fee will apply which is refundable if the workshop repair goes ahead.
Workshop Inspection Fee: £90